Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Al,

I will have too check this movie out,never heard of it.

I'm more a music guy,don't watch many movies.

Kenny.
Anyone looking at trying the NC500 boards should look at Nord,
Kenny I am using a BHK pre with the Nord mono's and it is awesome
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/

When I was trying to the latest class D experiment, Nord was on my short list. I ended up going with D-Sonic because the latest Pascal modules are supposed have technology that lowers switching noise to levels lower than previously possible and they receive universally positive reviews (so do the nCores as a matter of fact).

Another factor, I hear claims that the NC1200 is subjectively greatly superior to the lower end modules, and if that's the case it would be like robbing from myself to go with less. Unfortunately, NC1200 products are in the 10k+ range...

But here's the thing, the D-Sonics crushed my soundstage and seemed to lend themselves to listener fatigue. Do they need class A preamping or a tube stage?
he can’t trust his own ears.
I do very much so Eric , maybe it’s you that needs an bi-aural Exostosis operation.

As I said before the only one of new breed of Class-D’s that I had any time for, was the latest BelCanto 600 monoblocks to which BC from what I understood by the presenter has done their own switching noise filtering, from what is standard from NCore.

But they had to be driving a benign 6ohm load, of a top line Raven tweeter’ed two way bookshelf, to get me to like them, on the other speakers they too didn’t sound very good.

Cheers George
Jtsnead,
I have been following the evolution of the Nord since the inception of them,Rollable op amps,very cool.Colin North has quite a following on audio shark forum.

The Bhk preamp looks like a good fit for me and there is several used up for sale.Thanks for the info.

Madavid,

You may want to try a warmer sounding solid state or tube preamp with your d-Sonics.
Let us know the details of your current system and what kind of musical presentation or flavor that you are looking for.

Kenny.