Class D amps seem poised to take over. Then what?

I am certainly biased by my lifetime final amp being a Class D. But I know that after 30+ years of development, Class D seems to be on a high plain. I know there are now many, many companies focusing on Class D and, maybe, a good handful already as good as it gets. My Class D amp is as smooth and beautifully musical as a great tube amp and as punchy and detailed as a great SS amp. I am satisfied and done with my search. A class D amp has effectively taken me off the amp merry-go-round. It’s about time after 50 years. And, for me, this Class D is a milestone. Will all other classes of amps fade away?
mglik
...nor will D amps burst into green glop when exposed to S. Whitmans' crooning....or those who like/don't like the output of D...

Slims' name was a dead giveaway....
Class D may become the dominant topology in the future, but as long as there are audiophiles, Class A, Class AB and tube gear will thrive. It's not even nostalgia. It's the sound. 
Class D is to “ sterile”. He is very to the point ,but without “feelings”. There’s no emotion in ( music) class D : for me: Class A tube: I have a VAC 300.1 : amazing !Also my favorites: Ear Yoshino , DarTzeel ;
Class  D is “to” pure…that’s my opinion. Music is an emotion , “empathizing “with the music… I cannot find it in Class D.