Class D amp wyred4sound and B&W 803D

I still havent decided what to use to power my recently bought 803d, some days ago I asked about a match with a Primare integrated amp (I30) and got mixed responses. On the other hand, some suggested I use a spectron amp (class D), and I have just started noticing lots of good reviews for the Wyred4sound integrated amps, which use the ICE power module. Is anyone using one of the ST/STI int amps to push a set of b&w? Power should be enough with [email protected] I dont know how it will handle the low ohm loads and the final sonic characteristics.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Demian
demianm

Showing 1 response by danielk141

Face,

Here's an example of forgiving & reavealing, in a speaker.
I had a Sony Transport, Theta DAC, Adcom GFP565, and Parasond HCA1000A amps or Adcom 555s biamping Magnepan MG3.3Rs.
The ribbon on the Maggies was the most revealing & deatailed tweeter I had ever owned, but was forgiving enough to be used with either the Parasound or Adcom amps.
I also owned a pair of Counterpoint Clearfield two way monitors. These used the same Aluminum Vifa tweeter, with the three pole guard, that Thiel used on their (3.5?) speaker, before they started using their concentric tweeter/midrange.
I tried the clearfields in the system, with the Adcom amps.
They were unlistenable. Just way too bright/forward.
That Maggie ribbon had more detail, but was still easily listenable with the Adcoms.
Hope this helps.