Clash of the Titans

Any members fortunate enough to have beard any combination of the amps listed below?

VTL 750
Tube Research GT 400
Wolcott Presence
Jadis JA 500
Atmasphere MA2 MKll

Your experiences with reliability, performance, power, dynamics, and how it controlled the speaker. Please include short list of associated electronics and favored source.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
Albertporter mentioned specific products in his thread. If sidetracking is allowed, I can follow up on Tekunda's post re: KR enterprises amps. I heard the Medea (see my previous post) driven by a pair of VT 800P (have I got model right?), 40W SET. By far the best sound of the lot WITH THOSE speakers and a CAT pre. Rest of system was same as above. The big "Kronzilla" are more powerful than the 800 it seems.

Didn't mention these amps as they were not on A-P's list -- but they have VERY impressive driving power and transient attack/dynamics. Not sure if bandwidth is restricted in the low end... Reliability is outstanding; the tubes boast s/thing like 20.000- 50.000 hours. No tube rolling though, these are proprietary tubes. Cheers!
Many ideas to consider here.

I just got a call from Mike Elliott to do advertising photography of the new Aria amps. 350 watt monos that are hybrid.

I know since they are Mike's design that the sound will be good. It will be interesting to see how they balance against all tube design.
Gregm,
these Kronzilla are monster tubes. They take about 120 man-hours to make and Dr. Kron its using the help of bohemian artisan glass-blowers. If I may add my two cents and I do not work for Kron Enterprise, these are the most exciting SET amps in existance today. More a piece of asrt than juts an amp. I just spoke to my friend again and he believes that the amps are very well capable of driving the Soundlabs. And he said if anybody understands amps, a SET with zero neagtive feedback is something really special.
I will soon see and hear for myself.
Tekunda, If you buy Soundlab A1 and listen with the Kron please post or send me your impressions via email.

The A1 is almost identical to my U1, so your performance impressions would be valuable. When are you getting the speakers and amps?
Hi Tekunda,
Your experience with Kronzilla + A1 interests me too, immensely. Since you're in Germany, any chance you can try Symphonic Line's Kraft 250 with the same speakers? I've been trying to find the Soundlab model I listened to with the Kraft 250A monos -- but haven't been able to locate the owner... Certainly an A series by the looks of it, and quite tall & wide, so maybe an A-1 rather than A-3.
Cheers