CJ PV series + SS amp

I'm thinking about adding a 2nd system. I have a buddy who is looking to sell one of his 2 amps.

Bryston 3BST or Belles 150A Hotrod. He lives a ways away so I can't listen to the amps. I recall that Bryston is quite neutral sounding, maybe slightly warm. But not fimilar with the Belles.

I see CJ PV11 & 12 preamps here at a good price all the time. Can anyone( with listening experience with these amps )tell me which would be a better match with a CJ? I like it a little warm :)

LAT IC's, Kimber speaker wires, CAL Sigma II dac, CAL CL-10 transport. Vandersteen 2c speakers.

thanks in advance!
tube777

Showing 3 responses by tube777

Unsound,

I suppose if my friend had a McCormack I would consider it. But as my original post stated, I want to choose between the 2 amps becuase I can buy them dirt cheap. so the 3BSt impedance won't effect my decision to much.

thanks for the help.
Thanks for the input, I read the CJ web page and I think a PV11 or a 12A would be the way to go. Avoiding the PV12, since CJ did some upgrading when they came out with the PV12a.

I once heard a McCormack with a VAC CLA-1 MKII ( defintely a warm preamp ), running through a pair of Vandersteen's I thought it was a bit to much for me.
Unsound,

Maybe the sound has changed now, I was listening to a DNA-2, a real thumper! At the time I also auditioned Classe, CJ, and Bryston. I found the DNA-2 to a bit forward for me.

I haven't listened to the latest version. So maybe things have changed.........