CJ Premier 12 Mono's w/ Nautilus 802's

I recently upgraded my N803's to N802's which are powered by Conrad-Johnson Premier 12 monoblocks. The N803's sounded just right with the 140w mono's but now with the 802's somethings missing.
Does anyone know if running biamped would help? Premier 12's for highs and maybe a 250w + SS amp for lows? If so how would I even out the volume setting?
Thanks in advance for any help.
steves71
Steve,

Yes, it would seem you have a dilema. C-J rates their amps into 4 ohms. The premier 12 is rated at 140 watts into 4 ohms and about 110 watts into 8 ohms. You could buy another amp to biwire, but It would be tricky to match the input impedance to the speakers. A better solution in my book is to upgrade to the Premier 8A amp which will put out around 200 wpc into 8 ohms. I have seen Premier 8A's going betweeen $5500.00 to $6000.00. You should be able to get them cheaper soon because CJ is supposed to come out with their super amp soon to replace the 8A.

hope this helps

Johnny
I believe the primary issue is any difference in gain between the manufacturers, and you should be able to get this information directly from them; the alternative would be to purchase something like the Brystron Pro amps: these have a volume control on them.

The N802s will sound great bi-amped.