Cinepro system at HI FI 2004

HI, anyone hear this system. Here's a pic of it.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/hifi2004/boylan2/
doug99

Showing 2 responses by wirebill

I was at the Home Theater show in N.Y. and was very impressed with the demonstration of Cinepro Equipment. Yes it was a little loud, but impressively crystal clear. The movie clip that was played was from “The Hulk”. When the scene started there was some quite dialogue and then a fight broke out between the Hulk and some mutant dogs. That is when the volume became very loud. This I would say was not the fault of the equipment or the demonstrators but the movie producers and sound crews who choose to have such a wide range between dialogue and action scenes. I noticed the same thing on my own system with “The Lord of The Rings” movies. The main thing here is that the equipment had the headroom and dynamics to handle such a movie scene with no trouble at all. When you need it, it’s there. I also noticed that the people in the room with me all seemed to be very impressed with the system and the answers that they got when questions were asked. I thought that the Cinepro personal were very professional in the way that they demonstrated the equipment and fielded questions. I stayed behind and talked with the president of Cinepro and asked a few questions myself and found that he has an extensive background in electronics design and has been a foreman for an electrical company for many years. I personally thought that it was one of the more impressive rooms at the show. As far as the wine and cheese, nice touch.
Verastarr,
I had 2 Cinepro 3K6 SE Gold MK III amps that I loved and used for approximately two years. As you know these are some of the best amps on the market today. My brother was looking to buy one and I had the upgrade bug so I decided to sell him one of mine and I sold the other one right here on Audiogon. I purchased two new MK IV amps from the new owners of Cinepro about a year ago and I must say that I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of these new amps. They definitely have more power and more headroom and I don’t need any testing device to hear the difference. I no longer get the soft clipping that I would sometimes get when I would drive my speakers extra hard, which is something I like to do when I am home alone. The sound is more dynamic and my 2 Hsu TN 1220 subs crank like never before.
They improved on the grounding and shielding for lower noise and increased the wattage. They installed insulated 24-carat gold binding posts with more room to connect speaker wires, which was always a problem on the old amps. They installed a non-polarity sensitive trigger and include a larger power cord as well as other improvements. They even give a longer warrantee. What could be wrong with that?
I think that these guys took a great product and made it even better!