Chris Botti - Night Sessions

Category: Music

Another splendid album by Chris Botti. One of the few players of trumpet that can move one so deeply. Was able to see Chris in person at last years Winter Park Jazz Festival in Colorado. Chris was the only one of the artist to stay after the performance to sign autographs and talk jazz with the fans. It was hot as hell that day and he was really tired,but stayed until all fans got an autograph and a few words with him. Something Russ Freeman and Lee Ritnour did not do. Just did not have time for the fans.

That act of staying after the show puts Chris very high on my list of favorite artists, that I would pay money to see again.

If you are not famailiar with his work pick a copy of "The very Best of Chris Botti" you will not be disappointed. He puts on a stellar live peformance not to be missed.
ferrari
Hi Ferrari,

Agreed. The work of Mr. Botti is worth any Jazz fans interest.

I have loved many of the great Jazz trumpet artists...Baker, Davis, Brownie....and others, and Chris Botti's work is in that caliber

Best, Jim
entertainment journals some day said that he was one of the madonna's favourites not only with his trumpet...
I too enjoy Chris a lot, but of the three discs of his I have, I prefer the other two over Night Sessions.