Chose Denon 3803..now for speakers

After listening to many receivers I ended up liking the Denon 3803 the best and am now looking for speakers. I am mostly an HT person but would really like to listen to more music with some that sounds enjoyable. I listened to the Sonus Concertino and Vienna Haydn at tweeter and really liked the sound of the Concertino on the 5803. Am I goign to get that same sound on the 3803... any other suggestions would be appreciated because I also like the Vandersteen 2ce, Paradigm 60, Klipsch RF7.....
cmil1

Showing 1 response by blue_owl84c6

I have a Denon 3801 with the Sonus Faber Concertino speakers including the center. The Concertino has a nice smooth mid range and highs (Not overly bright) which matches the warm Denon sound quite well. I have had this set up for quite sometime and am very happy with it. I did also listened to the Vienna but decided to go with SF.
As with the surround speaker, depending on the size of the room, the mirage omni sats will do nicely!

You would need a sub to bring out the base. To bring out the dynamic and soundstage of any CD or DVD sound tracks, I would recommend that you bypass the L,R,C channel amp section of the Denon with a decent Multi-Channel Amps.

Then when you get the $$, go to a nice pre-pro. Bottom line, let your ears and budget decide.