Chord Qutest + MScaler

I have a Chord Qutest, looking to buy an MScaler to pair with it. What improvements should I see? Would the money be better spent selling the Qutest and buying a Hugo TT2, with no mscaler. I've read many reviews, just wondering what the community had to think on this. 
akwilson501

Showing 3 responses by akwilson501

Hey @ianrmack funny enough. I also have my qutest powered by a Teddy Pardo LPS. I've also got a Synergistic Research Master Coupler feeding the Teddy, with a SR Orange Fuse in it. Both the power cord and fuse were substantial upgrade to the sound. Highly recommended. I also have a Sonore Ultrarendu feeding the Quest as well as a Uptone EtherRegen feeding the Rednu. Both the UltraRendu and the EtherRegen were substantial for the Qutest sound, and both I wouldn't be caught dead without. More so than the Teddy feeding the Qutest. 
@jc51373 i recently sold/traded the Qutest with Teddy Pardo power supply for a TT2. Honestly.... with the LPS on the Qutest, it beats the TT2(stock power supply) in sheer tonality and it had a blacker background than the TT2 does with a stock power supply. This is not to take anything away from the TT2. The TT2 has more resolution and the timing of everything is just better. With an LPS it will be an endgame dac. Just pointing out, with an LPS the Qutest performed better than my TT2(stock) in some aspects. Time to start saving for a LPS for my TT2!
@jc51373 I have an HP I7 laptop that has been optimized by Fidelizer and Audiophile Optimizer. This feeds an Uptone Etherregen(cheap Chinese LPS) which runs to a Sonore Ultrarendu(small green computer LPS). The Ultrarendu feeds the TT2 and the TT2 goes to my Audio Note Kit 1 300b amp. My speakers are Audio Nirvana, I switch back and forth between the monster 15in classic alinco to the 8in classic neodymium. I also have 4 Klipsch c-310aswi subwoofers. I do have upgraded cabling on every component, and Synergistic Research Orange Fuse in everything they can fit in, and graphene on alot of the electrical contacts in my system. I am also looking at the Farad Super3 as a LPS for my TT2. Have read nothing but amazing things. The Teddy Pardo was really good aswell though. Highly recommend the power supply over the Rel sub.... unless you want to get 4 of them.... then I recommend the REL.... or any sub.....

Btw...  I recommend putting Orange Fuses in both your active speakers, decent power cables would help alot aswell. Probably more then the LPS will with the Qutest. Just an opinion....