Chord Hugo ?

Has anyone (or could anyone) try the Chord Hugo as a DAC in their system. It's getting tremendous attention in the headphone community as a revolutionary DAC that competes way beyond its 2400-dollar price that is up there with the best DACs at any price. I have never heard it so I don't know if this is true, but buzz about it is striking.
I see little about it here, so I thought I would ask. Thanks.
rgs92
Hi Guys,

It just happens that we did direct comparisons of many mentioned here DACs. Among them Hugo, Lampi lvl 4.5, Meitner MA-1.

In my view, the easiest way to sum it up, is that one is getting what he is paying for.

Hugo is great little DAC but cannot compete with MA-1. Hugo is great DAC but only better in one aspect then Lampi lvl 4.5 and that is ultimate detail retrieval / resolution which is slightly better on Hugo. In all other aspects Lampi is better DAC in my view without any doubts.

Hugo is anything but lean, and I am surprised that anyone can even suggest this. Hugo is so reach in tonal balance that I perceive it as over contrasted / over saturated and in fact it is a minus for me as it does not sound natural.

The fullness of sound is at same level as Lampi but the increased contrast makes it look as it would be even richer then on Lampi, however as stated before to the extent it sounds unnatural to me.

I also owned Job 225... the hype around it is amazing but I dont rate it at all. On plus sides, it has great flow and fluidity. Depth and natural sound staging but also it lacks resolution and blurres the sound. It makes sound monochromatic and is extremely power cord and speaker cable dependant (it is not a good characteristics IMHO).

So here you go. Those are only my but first hand opinions.

Cheers
We got in a Hugo and did a listening test of the Hugo vs some of the other dacs, results, Hugo great $2k dac, very good headphone amplifier, if you are looking for state of the art for under $5k the Auralic Vega is very hard to beat.

We are getting in the Aqua Hifi La Voice Dac from Italy around $4k its bigger brother the the La Scala competes with the Meitner DAC 2XSE $15.5k yet sells for half price $7.8k in a direct comparison of the MA 1 the La Scala was superior sounding at the same price range. Fantastic dac!
We got in a Hugo and did a listening test of the Hugo vs some of the other dacs, results, Hugo great $2k dac, very good headphone amplifier, if you are looking for state of the art for under $5k the Auralic Vega is very hard to beat.

We are getting in the Aqua Hifi La Voice Dac from Italy around $4k its bigger brother the the La Scala competes with the Meitner DAC 2XSE $15.5k yet sells for half price $7.8k in a direct comparison of the MA 1 the La Scala was superior sounding at the same price range. Fantastic dac!
I love my Chord Hugo on my desktop system with a Rudistor headphone amp. It is stunning. An Audioquest Diamond usb cable really works well with this system and brings it up a level.