Chord Dave or Ayre QX5 Twenty DAC???

Down to two choices in DAC's, the Chord Dave or the Ayre QX-5 Twenty. Comes down to best sound or versatility and cost. Speakers are Wilson Audio Sasha's and amp is T+A 2500R. Love the versatility of the Ayre but the sound of the Chord Dave is phenomenal, not sure if the Ayre could compare. Not sure if the Chord would still sound as good without spending mass amounts on a power regenerator and power cable. 
musicfx
Musicfx, Thank you for your post and response. I could only compare the PA3100 with my previously owned Hegel H30. I noticed an improvement over the H30, Blacker background, better soundstage and more tube like sound emerge from the PA3100. It has helped to calm down a bit the tweeters of my Sopras. I also purchased the signal processor module which i set up to minimize the low medium bass emphasis on the Sopras. I have not notice any coloration or soundstage degradation in the sound when the signal processor module is connected.
I was also suprised in how good this Amp drive the Big sopras at medium/high volumes, extremely well controlled when compared to the H30.
Hi Musicfx, I double read your post and realized how much you like Tidal playback in the MP3100. Is Tidal playback better than CD playback in this MP3100?
Hi czubero
I use the PA 3000HV to power Wilson Audio Alexia’s. No problems here, sounds great. Can definitely put cracks in the walls if I wanted. 
As far as Tidal playback, it is so dynamic & detailed. Really impressive. Excellent recoded SACD’s sound really really good, just different than Tidal. With the Alexia’s I prefer Tidal over most CD’s. With my Sasha’s, they both sounded really good. I believe the Alexia’s are just more revealing. 
Update on servers...The Memory Player is the player that's now in the lead on the Best DAC for CD thread.  Matt, who is the OP and has kept the thread going for a few years now just bought it.  I will probably also get it.  Just alot of amazing servers and DAC's out there in all price ranges.
Hi Musicfx, Wow, Nice speakers those Alexias. I have heard them about a year ago with Accuphase separates. One of the best sound I have ever heard, very balanced and precise sound from top to bottom, at that time my friend used valhalla 2 speaker cables with the Alexias. The reason I went with Sopras No 3 is because I like them how beautiful they sounded with Hegel and the nice discount I got from the Dealer.
Thank You