Chord Dave or Ayre QX5 Twenty DAC???

Down to two choices in DAC's, the Chord Dave or the Ayre QX-5 Twenty. Comes down to best sound or versatility and cost. Speakers are Wilson Audio Sasha's and amp is T+A 2500R. Love the versatility of the Ayre but the sound of the Chord Dave is phenomenal, not sure if the Ayre could compare. Not sure if the Chord would still sound as good without spending mass amounts on a power regenerator and power cable. 
musicfx
ctsooner

You mentioned in this thread that you liked the DAVE midrange and top end, but felt the bass was not the last word.
Are you comparing the bass from the Digital Pre through a two channel set up or are you evaluating it through headphones?

Thx

Kerry
I'd never use a digital pre.  The Ayre's digital pre is about as good as I've heard and it's still not even close to using the pre on my AX5/20.  I've had the Dave in my own system a couple of times and I've listened with borrowed LCD3's and the top Hifiman can's (don't love them like so many do).  I like the headphone amp on the Ayre much better.  It's just a more coherent sound than the Dave IRT to the bass.  I've spoken to a couple of DAC designers now and they feel the same way.  I love the Totaldac and if it was money no object and I had a set of Vandersteen 7's with reference amps/pre, then I'd get the Totaldac that is twice the price of the Ayre and much more expensive than the Dave. Again, I think it's a great product and whoever owns one will love it for a long time, but to ME, the Ayre gives me similar great mids and highs along with deeper and just as musical bass.  I could have afforded the Dave and that's why it was in the house.  It has a certain charm about it that most other just done.  Honestly, I like the Ayre, TotalDac, Dave, Trinity ref and a few others better than I like the Rossini.  The Rossini to me, like all the DCS DAC's are a tad dry.  Accurate as heck and excellent DAC's (better be for that money), but they are not as musical to MY EARS as a Dave or QX5/20 or TotalDac.  I know that I"m not the only one who feels this way either.  

JMHO
I am an Ayre dealer. One great feature of the QX-5 is the network input. This is the way I demo. I use a high end network extender with a Cardas network cable straight into the back of the QX-5. Then I use Roon from a laptop in the back of the room. I am not sure anyone talked about this important aspect of the Ayre DAC. Oh and all of the spdif inputs are excellent as they use a type of buffer... 
Welcome to the thread.  Yes, we've discussed the network input.  To me, it sounds it's best when fed via the optical converter with a good LPS on the DAC side of things.  
Musicfx,

Are you still happy with your Dave and Aurender setup?  I'm looking at both DACs(QX5 and Dave) as well but leaning towards the qx5 since I have a 5 series Ayre pre and amplifier.   

I personally like the steampunk look of the Dave though.