Choosing Sub-woofers. Please advise ASAP.

Finally, I have committed to the new home theater system and need sub-woofers. My listening and theater space is about 16' x 14' but then total open space (kitchen in the back) is 16' x 32'. I would like to listen to non-dealer advise. Thank you.

Mcintosh MX160
Mcintosh MC1.2Kw x 2
Mcintosh MC205 x 2
Wilson Audio Alexia - Front Left and Right Speakers
Wilson Audio Mezzo - Center Speaker
Wilson Audio Sophia - Side and Rear Surround Sound Speakers
Origin Acoustic D88 - Atmos Speakers

I like the REL and the JL Audio but JL Audio is my primary choice. The question is 2 x 12" or 2 x 10" or single Dual 12"? The stereo dealer told me 10" would blend in better with music while HT dealer says 12" will have better effect because even my listening space is mall but overall room is large.

Your thought please? I need decision by tomorrow so I can close the final piece. Thank you.
sautan904
Well, the frequency (i.e., the period between when the derivative is 0) won’t change based on driver size but cone velocity will, for a given output. A smaller cone moves less air and has to travel further between peaks for the same output as a larger driver.

i’ve always understood it this way, but I’m here to learn so I’m happy to be proven wrong. ;)

cedargrover
Well, the frequency (i.e., the period between when the derivative is 0) won’t change based on driver size but cone velocity will, for a given output.
The "cone velocity" is the driver's frequency. If asked to produce a 32 Hz tone, the cone should move at 32 cycles per second, regardless of the diameter of the cone. It's simply not true that:
If you want to make bass, you can either move a large driver slow or a small driver fast.
The key is for a given output.  A cone can cycle at 40 hz, but the distance between stops (i.e. Where derivative is 0) will vary depending on the amplitude of the signal. A smaller cone has to travel further to move the same amount of air as a larger driver.  So a large cone might move 5 mm back and forth to produce a given output at a given frequency.  But a smaller cone might have to move 7.5 mm.  And do so in the same period of time to keep the signal at 40hz.  

If im wrong, show me the maths!  :)
Driver must move at frequency to reproduce however smaller drivers have to move more i.e. At greater amplitude to deliver same SPL. as larger driver else you need multiple drivers.