Cheapo remote for Meridian 508.24

Does anyone know of an inexpensive remote that will work on a 508.24 CD player? I purchased a Sony remote for $15 at Circuit City this week but it didn't work. (I tried many codes!!!)
brianmgrarcom
Just to follow up, I purchased a Phillips univeral remote for $15 at Target and it's standard settings worked perfectly on the 508, except the power button.

I believe Meridian use the Philips code set, so you could try a Philips remote. Regards, Richard.

Meridian makes a small remote. It has almost no functions on it, like numbers, just play stop pause and advance (or go back). I have one. It has to be inexpensive but I don't know what it costs. Call meridian and ask them about it. The msr allows you to select tracks and also reverse phase on cds that need it.
Thanks 7671, but I have used a Theta remote on it that performed every function, so I know I don't have to have a remote made by Meridian. Unfortunately when I sold the Theta transport I had to include the remote, which I liked.

The Meridian System Remote I do not like and will not purchase one of those.

I have no Theta dealer close by either, plus I was hoping to only spend around $15-$25.
Only Meridian remotes work. They come up used periodically on this website. Can buy new through Meridian.