cheap/decent speaker cable and interconnect advice

I'm currently putting together my "second-system" made mostly of old components that either I or my father had. The system will likely be as follows: (1) KEF 103.2 speakers; (2) either a NAD 521i or Exposure (circa 1997) CD player; (3)NAD 320BEE integrated amp.

I have a set of fairly decent Van den hul speaker cables. The cable ends, however, are bare/exposed wire (if that is the proper terminology). The KEF speakers appear to need either very very think exposed speaker wire ends, or perhaps some type of pin-connection (the connection hole on the speaker is much smaller in diameter than a banana plug like I use on my Wharfedale speakers).

Questions:

(1) Can I retrofit my current speaker cables with pin connectors? Is that easy/cheap/smart ?

(2) If not, any recommendations on decent, but inexpensive (value over sound quality) speaker cables with pin connectors?

(3) Any recommendations on a decent, but inexpensive (again, value over sound quality) cd/amp interconnects?

Thanks,
David
dmloring

Showing 1 response by mt10425

I use the same Vampire Wire 12ga continuous cast non-descript speaker wire. I got mine directly from Sound Connections.