Charity store bin diving? Am I the only one that suffers this addiction?

Pretty much as the title says, lol.
I frequent a number of local charity store or thrift shops if you prefer.
There are good and bad days for lp,s and cd,s.

Today was an exceedingly good day!

4 original Deep Purple albums, Billy Cobham, Grand Funk, Styx, Animals, Live, Metallica. etc etc

22 albums total for just $12.

Anybody else addicted to the thrill of the hunt?
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 1 response by bob540

I have had relatives tell me about nice clothes they found at Goodwill, but I seldom ever went there, and especially not for electronics.  Same with pawn shops.  I assumed that any equipment at such places had lived a hard life.  Now, had I known what to look for and could repair items myself, I probably would have.  But I would think that if the item played in the store, it would shortly breathe its last gasp back at my house.  

More than likely I would be the guy on PBS’ “Antiques Roadshow” who would approach the appraiser, hopeful for some good news:  “Bob, you say you paid $75 for this artwork?”
”Yessir!”
”Well this signature down here that looks like Van Gogh . . . that is actually “van lines” and this is probably an advertisement for a moving company.  If you like the picture, then you can keep it.  Otherwise, line your bird cage with it”.

But reading the entries here has me thinking I should make the rounds and see what I can find.  The ritzy areas here have Goodwill’s and maybe even a Salvation Army store, but for the church-affiliated thrift stores and the pawn shops, those are in the poorer areas of town and I assumed they wouldn’t have much.  But I can check and see.