Channel Islands D-100 Amplifier

Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to this amp yet? It looks very interesting (www.ciaudio.com) but I'd grateful for any first hand impressions. I'm looking to use two of these monoblocks for the front two channels of a multi-channel system, using a Marantz SR9300 receiver as the preamp, to improve two-channel stereo performance.
Thanks.
baileyincanberra

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

If you feel that your speakers are neutral and that the amp also is classified or perceived as neutral, there might be a potential for trouble. Nevertheless, Neutral+Neutral does not have to equal ultra neutral or sterile. I have read a review of a pair of Avalon loudspeaker paired with Spectral gear, amp and preamp. By themselves, they all were described as neutral sonically, but when they were paired, they actually complemented each other's sonics very well. It was in Hi Fi magazine, a UK based periodical. But, if they get there and do sound a tad too cold or sterile, you can always add a tubed preamp and some copper IC would be able to tame the neutrality to make it livable. What sort of pre are you planning to use?