Channel Imbalance at low volumes

Hi guys!

I got a sweet sounding NAD 7175PE the other day! It sounds rad at high volumes, however, at low volumes a significant channel imbalance appears. The left channel becomes MUCH dimmer than the right. The problem exists while using either the A or B terminals, but it also flips sides if I swap the left and right speakers, so it's not the speakers or speaker wires. Interestingly, the "A+B" speaker selection produces no sound for some reason. Not sure if that gives any clue as to the cause. Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks!
leemaze
I agree with the Deoxit suggestion....also spray some in the volume/balance control (in the case)
Everybody posting here is correct. The highest probability is the volume pot. I would clean it first and if that doesn't work replace it. If that doesn't work then you need to take it to a good technition
Alan
You may want to get an audiogram, to rule out a hearing imbalance. Recruitment occurs at higher volume levels.
You may want to get an audiogram, to rule out a hearing imbalance. Recruitment occurs at higher volume levels.
Or use headphones and see if the problem still exists