Channel Balance on Dynavector XV1-S

Hoping I can get some advice. I have a XV1s on a Basis Vector 4 arm. I just borrowed a Fozgometer and I'm getting very different reading from the 2 channels.
-I downloaded and tested the Foz and it seems to be calibrated correctly.The Vector 4 azimuth adjustment is extremely precise and refined, like all things Basis, so I'm pretty sure that the arm is good and the Azimuth is correct.
-No matter how much I changed the azimuth, the balance/imbalance stayed the same (same levels as well), about a 5 reading for L and about 7-7.5 R with the tonearm cables running directly into the Foz and 14.5L and 19R with the Foz plugged into my ARC Ref 5 SE Phono Preamp. By deduction it would seem that it's either the cart or a tube(s) in the phono pre. Any insight or advice will be really appreciated.
128x128moryoga

Showing 2 responses by philb7777

Almarg, had similar experience with the Foz and an XV-1s. No audible issue though. I could never get the Foz to be similar in both channels as I adjusted azimuth. The difference was constant despite adjustments. Cart checked out fine with voltmeter.
This is exactly what happened to me. Tonearm directly into Foz. May hit have been 20% difference, but it was different side to side and stayed constant no matter the azimuth adjustments made. Sonically however, was dead equal, both with raw listening and dB measurements just like yours.

I would say don't worry, listen and enjoy the music!