Changed Speaker Placement NOW BOOMY

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem. We bought new furniture for the living room where the stereo is and after replacing a couch, adding a chair and moving the speakers and audio rack down about 2 feet towards the corner and the speakers which where about 3 feet off the wall before are now about 14" off the wall.

I now have this unnatural sub boom and since I am using thiel 1.6 which have very little if any sub freq I can only assume its the room.

I understand that moving stuff around can do this, but its such a big change and I really dont have much room to play with.

Are there any cheap cheap cheap ways of fixing boom bass in a room.

The room is 12' X 26' with 9' ceilings.

If you look at my system pix the stereo is sorta in the same place with minor adjustments.

Any help would be super awesome.
128x128thegoldenear

Showing 1 response by josh358

Both books are excellent.

Anyway, if you can't move the speakers or listening seat, and if your main concern is with one person listening in the sweet spot, I suggest you go with parametric EQ. It will solve the problem at your preferred listening location and has a higher WAF than external traps. (You can build bass traps into walls, but that of course requires major surgery.)