CES 2015 anyone going

I'm going my 26th year
jwm
As usual, I'll attend T.H.E. Show at the Flamingo.
This is no where near CES in quantity or quality but
I've had memorable experiences there:
1. Saw the late-great H.P. a few years ago,
2. Heard a Walker turntable in the most 'bitchen system
ever (as well as gabbing with Mr. Walker himself!),
3. Heard a fabulous all Wilson demonstration by Peter
McGrath,
4. Got thrown out of a room for playing Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Et cetera...
There is no T.H.E. Show at CES this year. They are concentrating on Newport. I have a feeling if Newport remains successful you will not see them back in Vegas
Alan
Got thrown out for playing Siouxsie and the Banshees? lol. Why did they play it in the first place? lol.
Well, just go to CES then. It's after the 1st, so it'll cost you $200 to get inn...
It's a personal thing (Catholic upbringing?) but I feel like I'm intruding if I don't have a legitimate right to be there. I know these audio companies spend uber bucks to be there and need to squeeze every drop of benefit for time spent. They don't need me, a lowly consumer, taking up space.
It would be nice if the CES had a "public day" so I could go. BTW, I'm a 'Vegas resident (audio wasteland).
Oh, I see. I'm in Vegas too, and consider this, if it wasn't for consumers, they would go belly up.

I disagree somewhat that this is an audio wasteland. I'm the head of Vegas' official audio club, the Las Vegas Audio Club. We have around 20 members in our 1 1/2 year existence. Anyway, my point is, if this was a wasteland, why is the club successful?

Check us out at: http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com

If you care to join, drop us a line. If not, happy listening to you.
I agree that people who LIVE in LV have audio equipment.
I'm saying that there are no hard core audio DEALERS here.

I can't wake up, on my day off, and say: Hmmmm, I think I'll drive over to XYZ audio and look around.

This requires a 10 hour round trip to L.A. or Phoenix.

Bummer.
Hi Dave,
These are not "Hard Core" audio dealers.
These are Home Theater sellers who may have connections to high-end brands (almost nothing on display).
There is another HT dealer on Valley View (South of Tropicana) who is (was?) selling ARC, Cary, Revel but they never answer their door (appointment only?).
A fun store to visit in Las Vegas is Audio Expert located on the S.E. corner of Charleston and Eastern. They buy and sell and also sell on consignment, and repair all kinds of electronic equipment. They always have tons of used equipment of all kinds from tube amps to vcrs! I have a pair of Sonist Concerto 2's on consignment there right now.

Check it out! Tish
Hey Dweller, you're more than welcome to visit us at the Venetian. CES has
always been a mix of trade and consumer and we're happy to have you there.
After all its show time!

david

PS Rooms sound best during last two days, when the systems begin to break
and settle in.
Audio Xpert at Charleston and Eastern is the only place in town for vintage/used audio. Bobby is very knowledgable and is also very good fixing used gear. He's the best in town.

For a city of 2 million, I wish there were more better-audio/2 channel dealers. Premiere, which I have a lot of experience with, is really focusing on large/home theater installs. Its 2 channel business, while seeing a bit of a resurgence, is a shadow of what I first encountered when I moved here in 2001.

As for the Las Vegas Audio club, I'm thrilled they're here, even though there are only a couple dozen members I guess. My resolution for 2015: join; I haven't because my home is too small to host gatherings and I would feel guilty imposing on others. That may change.

So great to have CES here; once CES leaves, I hope LV continues to evolve in the world of better audio.
As for the Las Vegas Audio club, I'm thrilled they're here, even though there are only a couple dozen members I guess. My resolution for 2015: join; I haven't because my home is too small to host gatherings and I would feel guilty imposing on others. That may change.

Well, when you're ready, drop us a line. We'll get you all set up. No problem about not being able to host meetings. Since we charge membership dues of $30 *a year* (less than $3 a month,) your money goes to the people that host. So, no imposing here.

Anyway, let us know, we'll be around. Thanks for your interest and cool comments! Much appreciated. :)
These are not "Hard Core" audio dealers.
These are Home Theater sellers who may have connections to high-end brands (almost nothing on display).

One thing is for certain, you have a very negative outlook on things as it relates to Vegas and audio. No worries, I've heard this stuff before from others; it poisonous and self defeating. In other words you come off as a hardcore pessimist. Regardless, I remain optimistic. Just an observation.
Really? You have 20 members and you feel your club is successful.

Why not? We started with 5 or 6, and we've only been around a year and a half! We're still a baby club. We're not the Boston Audio Society who have been around for over 40 years!
Hi Davy,
Saying something sucks when, indeed, it sucks isn't "poisonous and self defeating", it is merely the truth (as I see it).
Please allow me the intellectual freedom of expressing my opinion.
Sure, I'm pro freedom of speech, bill of rights, and US constitution all the way.

Regardless of whether it's the truth or not, it's my opinion that you are being negative. No other audiophiles that I know in this town or anywhere else for that matter have the same outlook on audio and life itself. Of course that doesn't mean they don't exist, but I would say they're in the minority. I for 1, don't expect this town to have the scene that's in L.A. But, if you try hard enough to make a scene, you get results. That's what happened with this audio club, which again is still in its infancy.

Anyway, you're 100 percent entitled to your views, and you have the right to express them. You don't offend me, but I'm going to express my opinion to counter yours. That's just the way it is...

Therefore, we agree to disagree. That's it.
We won't be in Vegas- we are doing the Munich show instead.

Yet another reason to attend the Munich show this year! I am curious for some time now to listen Atmasphere electronics and Classic Audio speakers - mostly because of your elegant and knowledgable contributions to this forum Atmasphere. Thanks for the info Atmasphere!

Paul.