Ceramic fuses

Gday, Im looking at purchasing some ceramic fuses for my Primaluna gear. 
The question I have, would  a gold plated or rhodium plated fuse be the way to go? If so, which would be the better choice? 
Any information or help, would be appreciated. 
Cheers Ricey

Merry Christmas, everyone
ricey
I haven't seen the the slow blow wire move, but I have seen the
.5 - 5. amp fast blow, bend. I don't run amps that require above 6-8 amp surge on startup. 

I had one going through fuses too, 3-4 times a year. Everything in that amp was better than new, except a filter cap was acting up, one day it sprung a leak.. YUP like an ol Harley, I changed all 4 caps, hasn't blown a fuse sense. BTW they were just replaces, just a bad one, in the bunch, Cary took all 4 back and replaced at no charge, and paid the postage..

The fuse your looking at, is not how SR fuses are made. They don't fail like the one in the middle and on the right. Both those fuse will sound bad. The new one will sound good until it looks like the one in the middle.  Different construct all together than SR fuses. Many of the other fancy fuses are different than a Busman in "HOW" they are made, it's not just what the end caps are made of or the fuse wire, its how and what it's made out of and that GOO they put on it... 

They are different... How they sound, and how they are made...

Apples, Oranges!!

Regards
Hello Ricey:
I am familiar with the gold and rhodium plated fuses you mentioned which are made by Littlefuse. The gold plated ones sound better than the rhodium plated ones. Unfortunately, they don't sound much better than standard glass fuses, just a slightly different tone. 
If you want a better sounding fuse, try the Synergistic line, like the older, more affordable SR20, or their blue fuses. 
One metal is hard which means it deforms little which means it can't deform to increase contact area and reduce resistance.

One metal is a bad conductor of electricity.

That metal in both cases is rhodium. Makes nice jewelry, terrible for anything electrical. If someone is claiming the superiority of Rhodium in a connector you can pretty much dismiss their view.

Rhodium is a pretty good conductor, audio2design.  It's used a lot in harsh high current environments. It's less expensive than gold but close in conductivity. The reason for the jewelry, the stuff doesn't tarnish, ay. I saw a LOT of Rhodium plated terminal ends in harsh environments, with high HIGH humidity, little or no issues.. Not subject to galvanization and a great corrosion inhibitor.

It does have a definite sonic signature, close to the old nickel / lead / tin, RCAs.

A lot of the industrial DC fuses use Rhodium, SS, and Nickel, for the outside of breakers or fuses. Inside, 12VDC is copper, 24VDC, is silver for contacts. Has been for 50 + years...

Regards