Center Channel - Help be choose

I am looking to upgrade my center channel. Have B&K REF 10 and REF 7250 amp. Will eventually upgrade Fronts (Paradigm Ref 100s). Soliloquy, Monitor Silver, Aeriel, B&W are current considerations, but B&W is only one of them I have heard (and am likely to hear). I upgrading from reference Paradigm powered center (which is excellent) so 1) we know I'm nuts, (but I do have the amp now with the B&K) and 2) the upgrade must be substantial but a good bargain. Dealers or people with something to sell are welcome to comment, but please identify yourself as such. Thanks in advance. Ed
128x128shaqspack

Showing 1 response by lakerat2124

Shacqspack, I aggree with the above post about tonal matching. I'm always surprised at people who spend thousands of dollars and then don't voice match speakers. If that doesn't matter then why bother even auditioning speakers, they must all sound the same. Seriously, you need to decide what fronts you like the best. That manufacturer will make a center which matches the sound you liked the best. Your current speakers, although not expensive, are good speakers for the money. You may need to lay down alot of $$$ to get a big difference. Another thought, since you may not voice match your center, retain your current center and go for the fronts now. Good luck.....LR