Center Channel - Help be choose

I am looking to upgrade my center channel. Have B&K REF 10 and REF 7250 amp. Will eventually upgrade Fronts (Paradigm Ref 100s). Soliloquy, Monitor Silver, Aeriel, B&W are current considerations, but B&W is only one of them I have heard (and am likely to hear). I upgrading from reference Paradigm powered center (which is excellent) so 1) we know I'm nuts, (but I do have the amp now with the B&K) and 2) the upgrade must be substantial but a good bargain. Dealers or people with something to sell are welcome to comment, but please identify yourself as such. Thanks in advance. Ed
128x128shaqspack

Showing 1 response by kweisner0800

I agree with Perectimage, and at the risk of restating the obvious, err on the side of better for your center channel. My personal experience is that so much of the home theater information is delivered by this single speaker, that this is really the last speaker where you'd want to cut any corners. I am using an all B&W system, and frankly, my center (CC6) is what I would consider the weak link (the fronts are DM603s and the rears are DM601s. Will probably upgrade the the HTM one of these days and leaving the DM series in place for everything else.