Cello Strings 1, Fischer 104 connectors

Okay, I'll admit it.... I'm not an audiophile. I have a small recording studio, and I do a fair amount of mastering. Toward that end, and in trying to better my system and my ears, I bought a new pair of Dunlavy III.A speakers and a used Cello Duet 350 amp.

Now, I know that I'm a Philistine here, but can someone point me towards a stocking dealer for the Fischer 104 connector? And the pin-out? Or do I just lop the ends off of the Cello Strings that I have, and solder an XLR on the supply side? This 100 pound block of circuitry looks really nice, but I'd like to hear it, know what I mean? The outputs that I have available to me are all line level, either -10 or +4, and either balanced or unbalanced. I'd prefer to go balanced +4, but it's not that big an issue to me.

I've sent two days trolling around the internet, and it seems to be very hard to find any information about this style of connection. Yes, I spoke to Fischer, but that means about 8-10 days lag time to get anything. Meanwhile, I cannot find an owners manual for the Cello, a pin-out for the cables, or a level structure for the amp anywhere on the net. I called mathew-james, and never got a call back.

Anyone who can point me in a better direction, I would appreciate the info. Right now I'm going in circles.

Thanks,

Bill Park
Senior Editor
www.prorec.com
bill_park

Showing 1 response by fd60

In Germany there is Dr.Kleiber that changes all Fisher connectors with XLR on every Cello product. He make an incredible upgrades on Cello preamps and amps. If you want contact me to address below.