Ceiling fan in listening room?

Hi all,

Not sure if Tech Talk is the best forum to post this question, but would appreciate any comments / recommendations from our group. My listening room is in our below ground level  basement. Routing air conditioning to the space is not practical, and I am looking for alternatives to provide ventilation. Does anyone have any recommendations on or experience with use of a ceiling fan in a listening room?  Naturally I am concerned with the interaction of the fan's air circulation and the speaker output. Thanks in advance for any  input!
128x128rbanathy
Something I consider when asked to install a ceiling fan for a customer in their audio room, Is the ceiling hard Sheetrock and where is the first reflection point up there. If the first reflection is in line with the blades I warn them of the possibility they may hear chop effect. To my dismay I have had to move a few after the customer (always right...) called back stating they heard this fluttering/chopping noise at times. My inside voice says "I told you that wasn’t a good placement". I tend to offset the fan towards the front end of the room avoiding reflection point and depending on the volume of the room may use two fans at opposing ends. Never heard an issue with either placement.

Mini Splits are the way to go if it can be afforded but they are far more expensive than a DIY ceiling fan install.
Thanks for the information and suggestions. I am intrigued with the idea of 2 fans on opposite ends of the room. Novel idea, and just may be the preferred solution. Thanks again!
I have a similar basement set up, with central air in the rest of the house.  I find that if I keep the basement door open (just a bit) when I'm not using it, the cool, dry air eventually works its way to the basement. I rarely see more than 70F down there, but if it becomes a little uncomfortable, a small fan in the corner of the room provides just enough air flow.  I can barely hear it from my listening position and I find it is not a bother when listening to music.