CEC TL5 Belt Drive CD Transport

I currently own Cambridge Audio CXC and I am very statify with it ,considering to upgrade to CEC TL5 Belt Drive CD Transport, Somone have experience with this transport ? Do you think it will improve the sound ?

itzhak1969
I used to run a CEC TL-2N (older discontinued) and it was a really nice transport, very non-digital, analogue presentation.

My current TL-3N (top shelf of moniker) is way better in every respect, twin belt drive, one for motor/spindle, the other for the laser pick-up.

The belt drive (lasts many years) is easy to change, the TL-5 has a single belt for the motor/spindle.
It has better and more defined bass, greater dynamics and clarity without sacrificing the original, inherent qualities CEC is known for.

This is due to technological advancements in circuitry and execution.

I’m quite sure the TL-5 will suffice in comparison with my recently discontinued TL-3N (although it’s still shown on the CEC website)

One thing to note, the large, full size pucks make a substantial difference in sound quality, I kept the full size puck from my old TL-2N and use it on the TL-3N, glad I did.

I believe you can order a large puck from the distributor listed above.
FYI there a couple of used CEC TL-51X's on here for under $1K looks like a very good deal. I heard one for the first time in the Volti Audio room at Cap Audiofest and thought that system sounded great.
The distributor for the US and Canada market is now

Audio Union here is the link to web pages https://audio-union.com/

Tom Kleinbeck
816-825-3570