CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Post removed 
Album is the term that Lps and Cds share. Sgt. Pepper’s is an album whether it’s on Lp or Cd.

The term album comes from the days before vinyl. You could only fit one song per side on 78s made of shellac. So if you wanted a collection of your favorite performer’s music, you would buy an album bound with leather or cardboard. The pages would be paper sleeves that you would store individual 78s in. I suppose you could buy an empty album or one already filled with 78s. It’s the same idea as photo albums, which you buy with empty pages and slide pictures into the pages. The name transferred to Lps, which are also collections of songs.

You younger people, ask your parents or grandparents, they probably have a photo album somewhere. Maybe even an album of 78s.

Imo, record, short for a recording of music belongs to both formats too.

@ scorpio1951109  tics and pops are caused by improper record care.  That's the problem with records.....they need to be kept clean over the years.  I have a '77 copy of 'Aja' I bought brand new...it still is tic and pop free.  Used to have a collection of around 1200 records I sold in 1986 when CD were becoming the 'thing'.  Now, I wish I had never done it.  All my records were in mint condition.  I did keep a few, 'Aja' being one of them.  I prefer records over CD.  But I have some records that sound not so good, as well as some CDs.  Just my 2 cents anyway.....
Niether. I want everything as digital files at least 352.8PCM or DSD 256 and 5.1 multichannel or I'm going to watch TV instead. This comment isn't meant to be entirely humorous.
I don't know what you have to spend to make vinyl sound good, but I've yet to hear it.
I'm sure this statement is true. I've mentioned some things that you have to do to make vinyl sound good, and they are not price-dependent. Based on your description I don't know how that turntable you mentioned could have worked.

Turntables, like anything else, work because of engineering. Some are well engineered and some are not, just like anything else. Its not a price thing so much as its a thing where its engineered properly or not, just like anything else. I'm repeating myself simply to make the point. Carrying a made up story that a media is somehow deficient when the real reason is that the setup you played was terrible won't help you. 
The same is true of phono preamp sections. Some exacerbate ticks and pops due to poor overload margin, RFI susceptibility and outright circuit instability. This has nothing to do with cost and everything to do with how well the circuit is designed. Designing a phono circuit is more than just getting enough gain and the right EQ- you have to take into account how the inductance of the cartridge behaves in the system, and frankly, many designers don't, so there are both cheap and expensive phono sections that have poor performance. A sign that you have a better phono section is that you get less ticks and pops.