CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I failed to mention, CDs definitely have a place in my system. I have a Theta Miles CD player and there’s a huge difference between it and a standard CD player. I’m sure there are much better ones available now, but I love the Miles. I can play a CD at much higher db levels than my vinyl, due to acoustical feedback. CDs are convenient, but they’re somewhat sterile. They lack ambience to me. BYW, I’m running my Miles straight analog (using the built in dac) to my linestage preamp. I have a Kora Hermes II DAC, I’m going to reconnect. All tube DAC and preamps. Very warm sound, but still lacks the ambience of an LP or rtr. 
Picking up on Atmasphere’s comments about lp vs cd’s bandwidth, yes rbcd standard is recorded at 16bit/44kHz resolution, however doesn’t take into account three things; firstly the mastering process, upsampling in the dac, and the quality of the disc itself.

RBCD’s such as XRCD24 and K2HD are mastered at 24bit/100kHz resolution which is then down-converted in the dac. Whilst DXD cd’s are mastered at 24bit/352.8kHz resolution, which again is then down-converted in the dac to rbcd standard.

Upsampling if properly implemented can restore much of the resolution lost in the down-conversion process. My player (Vitus SCD-025 Mk2) utilizes an EngineeRED Q8 upsampling module which is a stereo synchro-upsampler that accepts PCM signal from 32 up to 384 kHz, but also DSD64 and DSD128 (2,8224 MHz and 5,6448 MHz). It delivers a PCM 24/384 kHz signal which is then sent to the two AD1955 D/A converters operating in mono configuration. It is a true extrapolation system, and not just adding 8 empty bits.

Next is the quality of the media. New discs which specifically address inherent issues with disc quality, accuracy, frequency range and longevity have entered the market such as UHQCD, XRCD24, SHM (incl: SHM Platinum) and DXD. Having several of those discs in my collection, I can attest to their stunning SQ, resolution & palpability. Just sayin’.

If one has "high end" digital reproduction equipment and "high end" analog reproduction equipment, it will come down to how the music was recorded and mastered in the first place.  A digital recording stamped onto vinyl to me sounds pretty much the same on my digital rig and the vinyl rig.

however, an analog recording played on my analog rig vs "re-mastered" into digital and comparing the two, the analog wins hands down.

Digital sounds quite nice now.  I have older digital recordings, where the music is great, but the recording quality absolutely sucks. Also, you do get some artist that compress the hell out of their digital recordings and record them way too loud.

But digital is easy and convenient.  Analog requires one to keep getting up.  sigh.

Also, I agree with Ralph that the tick and pops are indicative of album condition and tonearm tracking, not the medium.

I listen mostly to digital due to convenience.  However, when I really want to relax and enjoy, I play some albums and really smile.

enjoy

Also, I agree with Ralph that the tick and pops are indicative of album condition and tonearm tracking, not the medium.
@minorl You may have missed my point- just checking; while the above is true, most ticks and pops are actually the result of poor RFI and overload margins of phono preamps. IOW I am saying that you can change out the phono preamp and thus rid yourself of a lot of ticks and pops.
The reasons why this is so are pretty technical- I can go into it if you like.
Post removed