CDP recommendation for Creek Classic 5350se

Hey all,
I need some recommendations on a CDP. I posted yesterday for feedback on a Yamaha CD-S700 but didn't get much traction on that post.

I'm currently using the 5350se with Neat Motive 3 speakers. Most of the time I listen to FLAC from my PC through a MF VDAC2.
But now that I've got lots of CD's I would like to listen to them occasionally on a dedicated CDP.
In the meanwhile I have an Arcam DV135. It's a decent CDP, but I'm wondering if a dedicated unit would be better.
The Creek's are obvious recommendations.. CD53, or Classic CD, EVO, EVO2, EVO 50a....
I haven't heard any, and they don't come up often on the used boards, so not sure how the newer EVO match with the "older" 5350se.
Another option is an Arcam.. but again, which? There are CD17, 72, 73, 23, 192 ....

Anything else come to mind?
Thanks!
itsikhefez

Showing 2 responses by 2channel8

I'm sure OP has made a decision by now; but I just won a bid on this integrated and have both a NAD C546BEE and an Oppo BDP-95, so I'd be interested if anyone has any updates and will add my humble opinion soon...If I can remember where I made this promise in about 2 weeks. ;^)
The Creek Classic 5350SE took about 2 weeks to open up. I was surprised by that. I thought it just wasn't as good as my Rotel for a long time. It finally surpassed the Rotel; but by that time my heart had been stolen by the Belles Aria. So the Creek is going back as soon as I get a reply from the eBay seller. During the last days with the Creek at it's best there was quite a difference between the NAD C546BEE and the Oppo BDP-95 on redbook CDs, with the NAD edging out the Oppo by virtue of smoothness and musicality. Unfortunately, keeping them both is a luxury I will no longer be able to afford if I want that Aria any time soon, so I'll be posting it in the near future.

In the meantime my interest has been piqued by a Krell S-300i that I could get for about $700 less than the Aria; but no chance of an audition first. Has anyone had the good fortune to have heard them both...or their close relatives?