CD Transport Question

I've recently acquired a Naim NAC 272 which I'm using as a pre-amp, streamer and DAC. I really like the Naim sound.

I have hundreds of CDs and am contemplating purchasing a single CD Transport. The brick and mortar store where I purchased the used NAC 272 told me the Naim CD options do not have the appropriate connections to be used solely as a transport. He also sold Rega, but said that brand didn't "play well" with the NAC 272. His suggestions were the Marantz 6007 run in digital-out mode and/or the Cambridge Audio CXC v2 (or even the AXC35 or Yamaha CD-303). His thought was I only need to purchase for the transport itself as the DAC in the NAC 272 will be superior to any DACs found in CD players [otherwise] up to $2,000. 

In my research, other options I've seen of mention are the: Denon DCD-900NE; Audiolab 6000CDT; LEAK CDT; NAD C568; Roksan Attessa CD; Rotel CD14 MKII; CEC TL5; and the Yamaha CDS1000. 

Can you share your experiences or thoughts with any of these Transports [or Players with Digital-out to bypass the CD unit's internal DACs]? Do some of the lesser priced models have the same laser and other CD moving parts where the higher priced options from those manufacturers are simply being poured into the DAC? Are there others I should consider at or under $1,200? I've read sufficient comments suggesting I should not purchase a CD transport or player used. If there's a transport [used] that might be an exception, however, please do share that info as well.

Many thanks. 

northbeach

YOU ARE DEFINITELY MISTAKEN AS THE PIONEER ELITE PD-65 CAME WITH BOTH COAXIAL AND OPTICAL. ITS OKAY TO BE WRONG AS IT IS SHOWN IN THE ARTICLE AND THE MANUAL. YOU DEFINITELY HAD A DIFFERENT MODEL UNLESS YOU NEVER OWNED ONE. ARTICLES AND MANUALS DON’T LIE, SMH

I ended up going with a lightly used Myryad MXC6000 that I picked up for about $575 USD including shipping and a 30 Day warranty. 

https://www.hifi-review.com/150463-myryad-mxc6000.html

I had to do some research to learn about this UK brand because they don't seem to sell presently in the US. 

I'll report back and advise how I think it works with the DAC in the Naim NAC 272.