CD synchro recording on Yamaha CDR-S1000 via coax

G'day all

I'm no high-end genius, but I am a Yamaha devotee.

Since 2000 I've been steadily dubbing my vinyl to CD using the analog connection between my Yamaha CDR-S1000 and the AVX-20 amp hooked to my Thorens t/t, with sensational results and no problems whatsoever.

I recently recorded several CDs for my wedding and had guests asking me for copies. So I bought an Acoustic Research AP071 coax cable and connected the digital out on my CDX-750 to the digital in on my CDR-S1000. Seemed logical that I should be able to bypass the amp to dub from one analog source CDR (ie one of my 'wedding' CDs) to a new CDR, without having to manually mark the tracks.

Sadly this hasn't worked. I have found that in the synchro dubbing process, the CDR marks new tracks every few seconds or so, rather than at the end of each track. I've tried recording single tracks and the whole disk with the same undesirable outcome. I've also tried synchro dubbing from a commercially-recorded source (ie not a CDR). Finally, I re-tried the above processes using a digital optical connector between the CDX-750 and the CDR unit, each time with the same result.

If anyone has any ideas about what I'm doing wrong, I'd be extremely grateful to hear from you!
grantc8f6

Showing 1 response by isellstuff

Hi, a while ago I used to dub from my Pioneer Laserdisc
player to my Sony Minidisc recorder USING the
Coax Digital cable, and it would ALWAYS make the
tracks right. You MIGHT need to go into the MENU
of your recorder to fix this problem. If you have your
manual, look for something like the Time Interval,
amount time in between tracks for the ID to mark
another track.