CD Scratch Repair Kits

I buy a lot of used CDs on the internet and was wondering if
anyone has found a good system to remove CD surface scratches without doing excessive damage to entire CD surface? I would only use this if CD surface had many scratches or heaven forbid actually had a skip. Anyone tried the Skip Doctor?
128x128megasam

Showing 1 response by fam124

IMHO, cursory impression only, the Skip Doctor appears to do an absolutely phenomenal job in restoring lightly scratched disks. Got turned on to it by the late, great, Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg. I say cursory, because for the most part, my kids are the ones who have used it on their abominably mishandled disks. I haven't done any exhaustive listening to their finished product by which I might be able to report on any content degradation, but I can attest that the before and after physical appearance is wholly astonishing. Disks with countless spider-like webs of light scratches come out looking virtually as new. I can state I've personally tried it on one single CD of my own that I was intending to throw away because it did have a skip and the good Doctor eliminated it entirely. Their Web site is http://www.digitalinnovations.com/products/doctorMD.html. BTW, to allay the anticipated...no, I have no association whatsoever with the company.