CD/SACD Player that is at least as good as OPPO BDP 103D

I have OPPO 103D. It sounds pretty good. It sounds better than all my CD/SACD players I have had at $2000 or under. I have separate Stereo and Home theater setup and I use it on my home theater. Its picture quality is noticeably better than cheap sub $200 BlueRay players.
I am thinking of buying another OPPO 103D (or 103). Used price is around $400. But I wonder whether there are CD/SACD players at under $1000 used (less than 5 years and in 8-9/10 condition) that are better than OPPO 103D on CD and SACD sound.
Any suggestion?
128x128ihcho

Showing 2 responses by loomisjohnson

i have a 103, too, and while it's very good for streaming and video i've never been impressed with it as a cd player--my buddy's 95 is much better, as are my arcam 73 and sony es players. for a grand i think there's much better choices.
as per uberwaltz, i also have a pioneer dv79avi (for which i paid around $100 used), which sounds better to me for cds than my oppo 103--i haven't compared it directly to the oppo 95, but it's a very serviceable player if you want to save some $$$ and don't need the bluray/streaming