CD/SACD Player Recommendation

A few years ago (2000-2004), I owned a Wadia 860x that satisfied my every digital need in spades but I had to sell it for a lack of cash and limited space reasons at the time.

I'm still somewhat cash strapped but have regained some space in the house and would like to get a CD/SACD Player for a new system I'm putting together: B&K 2220 balanced Power Amp and Paradigm Studio 100 (Version 4) speakers.

I realize that a lot of technology has changed since that time and I'm hoping that a (decent to great) unit might be available (new or used) for under $2000.00 that can connect directly to a power amplifier thus negating the need for a preamp (a CD/SACD Player having an on-board volume control). It must play SACD as well as Redbook. Balanced outputs would be a plus but not a deal breaker. If direct connect is not an option at this price point, I currently own a PS Audio PCA-2 Preamp that I would gladly use?

Does such a Player exist at this price point as far as any of you know? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll re-think my goals.

REL48
rel2

Showing 1 response by cine100

Consider a used Denon DVD-5910. They were $3500 new and are available for around 650 used. The Denon DVD-3910 is also very nice and can be had for a song (around 400). It's last list price was 1500 new and was just discontinued. I'm not sure about the variable outputs. I realize these are universal disc players but they are quite musical (especially the DVD 5910).