CD/SACD Player. I know there are many threads but I still would like help.

I'm fairly new to this insanity so please talk slowly. Haha.

My system is-  Bel Canto Pre2
                        Parasound JC-1 Mono Amps
                        Exogal Comet with Power supply
                        Arcam FMJ CD 23
                        Panamax 5500 regenerator
                        Usher 8571 Diamond speakers

This is a 2 channel music only system. I am happy with the Arcam cd player but i would like to play SACD also. If I change players i would probably want a substantial upgrade but i'd rather not put a dollar amount to it. I have a good DAC so what direction should i go in?  Help please. Mike Houstina
128x128bubba12

Showing 1 response by audioman2015

This is an interesting thread as I am having the same dilemma about purchasing a dedicated sacd player.  I have a decent system but not as sophisticated as the OP.  I am currently using the Oppo 105D and in a second system, the bdp-95 to listen to sacds.  I am not happy with how they sound on these universal disc players.  I have also tried a HDMI de-embedder to play them with my dac (luxman da-06, Lite On 60 modded) at 88khz 24 bit pcm.  I am torn between purchasing a dedicated sacd player (~$4000), The Bryston 3 dac ($3500), or just use the Oppo players for the discs that I do have and in the future only purchase dsd files that I can play through the USB input of my current dacs.  After ripping my cd collection onto a pc server, I have become spoiled and since then have packed away my cd collection.  I am leaning towards the third option although I often think about having a dedicated player.