Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
I think the CD _has_ left us.  Except for audiophiles, when was the last time you saw someone use a CD?  Maybe someone driving a car that was 10 or more years old?

I'm 42; when I fell for the audio hobby eight year ago, I dove into digital since 100% of my music collection was CDs.  (Much respect to my vinyl brethren.)  I've since ripped them all to flac on a hard drive.  But streaming from Qobuz and Tidal sounds _better_ than the local flacs.

So I only stream, but I keep the hard drive, and its backups -- okay, and a few hundred CD in the attic -- in case of wartime.

I'd love to see the public realize that CDs sound better than mp3 streams, but those interested in physical media (for its very real virtues) are gonna spin records.
Many new car models are produced without CD players.

Also, the concept of streaming and "on demand" music, especially for the under-27 generation, is an expectation, not a novelty.

That said, whether you stream Tidal or Deezer or Spotify or Quboz or whatever, you're simply renting the music. Once your subscription goes, so does your music. However, with generous data plans and ever-changing playlists and the paucity of album sales, I can't see the album-format ever really making a huge comeback, especially among cd's, and especially amongst a listening public whose appreciation of 320 kbs is just as real as ours is for lossless.
Plus, how may of us take a time-capsule tour when we go through friends' or spouse's cd collections that haven't been updated since the late 90's?
Post removed 
Post removed