Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
My cd collection is probably only valuable musically to me. I mean how much could I get for 300 goth cd's or 200 opera's? 
I've been verbally threatened  from going weekend thrift store pilgrimage shopping..........
Only time will tell.......

CDs need to fade away before they can stage a comeback.
They are nowhere near the “ extinction “ level that vinyl was at.
I do not see them ever reaching the same state that vinyl did or  indeed ever reaching the same status as vinyl has.
uber makes a great point in that they have never really left us. As far as them ever being really popular again, I think it depends on the advancements that are made with DAC sound quality. That said, there has been notable advancement in that area over the last 5 years or so, it could happen. On the other hand due to streaming, it probably has as much chance as disco or the hula hoop to ever being popular again. Who knows. 
I think the CD _has_ left us.  Except for audiophiles, when was the last time you saw someone use a CD?  Maybe someone driving a car that was 10 or more years old?

I'm 42; when I fell for the audio hobby eight year ago, I dove into digital since 100% of my music collection was CDs.  (Much respect to my vinyl brethren.)  I've since ripped them all to flac on a hard drive.  But streaming from Qobuz and Tidal sounds _better_ than the local flacs.

So I only stream, but I keep the hard drive, and its backups -- okay, and a few hundred CD in the attic -- in case of wartime.

I'd love to see the public realize that CDs sound better than mp3 streams, but those interested in physical media (for its very real virtues) are gonna spin records.