CD-R's suddenly "unreadable".

I've been listening to CD-r's on my CEC TL-1X without any problems for the past several years. Within the past few weeks the same CD-R's have become unreadable on this transport. Ocassionally, if I start the CD on a later track, say track 10, and work my way back to track 1 with the remote, it will read and continue to play.
The manufacturer of the CD-R's are from many sources including Sony, Marantz, IBM, etc.

I checked the laser for dust and debris and all seems OK.

Any Suggestions??

Mike
mbhcid

Showing 1 response by dan2112

News Flash: The RIAA has developed and secretly deployed new Satellite Technology capable of emitting low level radiation that effectively wipes out all CD-R's - when asked about this the RIAA said that recent laws passed by Congress allow the RIAA to take "whatever steps necessary" to protect copyrighted material. When pressed about the long term effects of the radiation and the recent reports of chickens being born with four legs - the RIAA commented "Not only has the RIAA effectively delt with copy protection, but we have also doubled the productivity of poultry farmers everywhere."

In a related story - http://digitalmass.boston.com/news/2002/05/20/copy_proof_cds.html