CD Player Won't Read One CD Only

So, I have an original MF Nu Vista 3D CD player (bought new in 2003), and it has worked flawlessly. Yesterday, I wanted to play a CD (Disc 1 from Grateful Dead Road Trips, Summer '71), and the player won't read the disc. It just keeps whirring and then reads "No Disc." I tried the disc in the car and the computer and it plays fine. I've subsequently played a bunch of other discs in the MF and there's no problem. So, is the player starting to go and, if so, what can be done about it? Or, is it just this one disc since everything else has and continues to play without a hitch? Thanks for your advice.
rlb61
Math is right, sentence structure is so so.  The MF CD PRE24 is 15 years old, which is old for a CD player and frustrating that you can not get a new replacement drive for it.  I believe the Nu Vista from that time uses the same drive.  

Not that companies should stock replacement parts for an eternity, but when the component sells for a premium price, there is/ should be an understanding that it can be repaired when it needs to be.  That or sell the component with a spare drive, so you will have one available when it needs to be replaced, given that that is the part that actually wears out.   

I am remembering the interviews with Rega, when it introduced the Apollo CD player almost 13 years ago and all the hoopla that they developed a new CD drive, etc.  They were very specific in mentioning that they had a warehouse full of replacement drives for when these things wear out.  I had the drive in my Apollo replaced last year with an absolute minimum of fuss.  Easiest repair experience.  Rega will get my CD dollar every time now.  

God, imagining aging backwards.  No thanks.  Started in this hobby when I was 10 (Webcor reel to reel recorder and a Philco table top radio).  Dad had a store and he fixed TVs and appliances.

Rich 
Post removed 
@jafant ... My favorite period is GD ’71-74. The only downside is that they had Donna during some of that period ... the band needed her like Jerry needed more sugar in his diet. The new PNW discs are very cool. However, I bought the 3 CD sampler set because I think it’s the best value: it provides approximately 85-90% of the highlights from the $189 19 disc box, including the 46 minute PITB, all for $25. I just can’t justify the cost of the entire box set. Plus, I am so far behind in my GD listening, that another 19 discs would be way "too hard to handle." :-) Thanks again for the burning suggestion.
I have a 24 year old CDR (one of about a dozen that old) in my car right now, that still plays fine on both my PC's DVD burners and my ancient Sony lazy susan player, and it played fine on my old laptop. It does play on my car's stereo ONCE. When it gets to the end, it just sits there and thinks for a long time and then says "error". If I elect it, and reload it, it plays again. I've copied and actually made another CD out of the same individual cuts off other CD's, and it does the same thing, regardless of the track order when I burn it. I'm guessing that one of the tracks is corrupted on the original, but I don't understand why changing the track order makes no difference. I solved the issue by copying the CDR to my stereo's hard drive, where the same tracks play without issues. Weird.
Hey Now! rlb61
I do not have much in the way of 1974 GD. I love that wall-of-sound concept and must get caught up with those releases as well. There could never be too much GD, IMO. Good to read that your disc is playing well.
Happy Listening!