CD player vibration from CD's

I was changing a cd and noticed a strong vibration in my Oppo BD83SE cd player. I have had quite a few cd players and have never noticed this kind of vibration before. I found it was not caused by all cd's. With some, the majority, there is very little or no vibration. I am assuming the cd's in question are not round. Anyone else have this happen with your players? I am especially interested in Oppo Players but anyone feel free to chime in.
leatherneck1812

Showing 2 responses by leatherneck1812

Thanks for the responses.

Elezabeth, I don't think it is warped. I have an aftermarket stabilizer disk and it lays perfectly flat on the CD in question. It also has no noticable effect on the vibration.

Mjglo, I don't currently have another player in the house, but that's a good idea.

Ddd1, Did you use a different Denon CDP of the same model and get different results? Or did you change players completely?

I am hoping to hear from Oppo owners as to whether or not they can reproduce this effect.
I recieved this answer from a tech that has worked on my stuff.

You're right the Oppo drive does vibrate a lot and it's normal. The Oppo drive spins the disc 200x faster then the Ikemi did. The older style plain CD drives were not high speed computer ROM drives with no RAM buffer memory stage to totally eliminate jitter. With dedicated CD players, jitter can be off the charts if the cd was cut out of round or vibrates alot. With a blu ray player, the data is stored and updated into a FIFO RAM buffer many times a second. No data goes out to the rest of the player until it is jitter and error free. Vibration and out of round or scratches do not affect the high speed re-reading ROM drive type players.