CD player under 500 for Unifield speakers

I have Von Schw. Unifields. Want to add a CD player only. Wont spend more than 500. Thoughts
mst
Increase the budget and take your own suggestion :

10-30-09: Mst
Rega Apollo. You should be able to get one for about $800
Mst (Threads | Answers)
You're going to hear everything upstream through the Unifield 3, which in the case of the $500 CDP is going to be lots of grain and hash.

You owe it to yourself to increase your budget.
Ditto.
It is for a house I rent out. Not my main place. I don't want to have tenants use a high end cd player and for the few times a year I am there, it isn't worth the hassle.
I don't want to have tenants use a high end cd player and for the few times a year I am there, it isn't worth the hassle.
Mst (Answers)
It's a hassle to equip the place with a CD player costing over $500, but it's not a hassle to furnish it with $15,000 loudspeakers?

The logic seems askew.
It is for a house I rent out. Not my main place. I don't want to have tenants use a high end cd player and for the few times a year I am there, it isn't worth the hassle.
Then buy a $50 DVD player at Target, Walmart or Best Buy. That should fill the requirement.
http://randleman.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/confused.jpg
Get those speakers out of the rental.Do it now,do not wait or you will be sorry.I guarantee this.
Ditto. Unless you have a secure place to lock away the speakers (in which case lock away a good CDP as well), do NOT leave them w tenants, even if its your best friend.
I am getting the Oppo universal. Under 300 and folks say the sound is amazing for the price. Would be interesting A B test it against the Regas.