CD Player Recommendations…

Looking for CD player recommendations that mate well with a Musical Fidelity A308 integrated and Revel F30 speakers. Cabling is Discovery Essential speaker cables and matching Essence interconnects. I’m thinking the player should be on the neutral to perhaps slightly recessed/relaxed mids to synergize with the A308 and F30’s more forward characteristics. 
jsbach1685

Showing 4 responses by jsbach1685

Hi Russ69,
Harsh may have been the wrong word. Reviews indicate more full and punchy vs the 840’s more refined, smooth and detailed presentation. The 840 may be a nice match to complement the 308. 
Budget is up to $1,000.  Thanks for the suggestions. On the Cambridge 851, I’ve read that it’s a bit harsh?? Perhaps the 840? Also, anyone using an A308 integrated with the matching A308CR CD player? Thanks George for the link.
Hi jfant,
 I never had a CD32. what brand? 
Hi folks,Thanks for all the suggestions folks. My previous cd player was a cambridge cxc going into an arcam irdac. I still have the irdac as i use it for streaming, however, the cxc (with irdac) made everything sound a little too full and bloomy. Add that to the 308’s fuller sound and f30’s forward mids, and it was a little overkill. Hence, i sold the cxc to get a standalone cdp; as cd is still my reference. In fact, i use streaming to discover new music, then buy the disc! 
Update: I just recently sold my MF A308 integrated and picked up a Proceed Amp 2 to better match the sonics of my Revels—I’ve read great things as both have Madrigal DNA. I’m planning on mating them with an Adcom GFP-750 preamp in passive mode. Another thought is the matching proceed PRE. Anyway, I’m currently using an Arcam irdac for streaming. I’m gonna wait to see how this sounds with the other gear before deciding what “synergy” I need to find a CD player.