CD Player recomendations $400-$600 ?

I have inquired here about thoughts on a new CD Player to replace my 15 yr.old Yamaha CDX-710 and realized I might be forgetting a very important factor that being different CD Players characteristics in relationship to my system. When reading reviews and opinions seem some players are warmer sounding then others. I would consider my NAD T752 with Paradigm Studio 20v3 speakers a very warm sounding combination, Studios tend to be a little more laid back then most speakers and NAD receivers are warm and rich sounding compared to most in their class.. So was the NAD C542 designed to match,enhance, complement or counter this sound? Would buying a "brighter" sounding CD-player be smarter? Tough questions I know but unfortunately there isn't one good "Hi End" dealer in my area to go and listen or bring home demos home to try, sadly BB and CC drove them all out of business. Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated..
pmt1209

Showing 1 response by gene888

I would second the Rotel RCD-1072. I had the old RCD-951 with an NAD amp (304) and found the combo pleasant.

I would avoid trying to compensate for a "warm" amp with a bright CD player. Since your source feeds everything else, I would keep it as neutral as possible. It will make future upgrades a little easier as well.