CD player NOT made in China under $1,000?

Is there a CD player NOT Made in China, but preferably Made in Quality, under $1,000?
waryn

Showing 1 response by spoolyt

Rega and Oppo might be in your price point...

But if you are looking for great sound, I would seriously look into a good DAC, like Benchmark's DAC? and then use what you have as transport?

VERY hard to find a good HiEnd HiFi player for under $1000, from any country. But then again, i have expensive taste...

I am Taiwanese, and i'm very involved in Taiwanese manufacturing field, so I try not to buy Made in China products (such as ones you see in WalMart).
But if you are talking about Chinese 'HiFi', hard to beat the Chinese. Brands such as Opera/Consonance/Cayin are very reputable, and even well received in Japan, especially so if you are talking about analogue/tube based hifi equipments. I have to say...They do sound GOOD.

It is misconception that Chinese workers are uneducated and unskilled. Underpaid, Yes. But the Chinese have VERY highly educated workforce. (well people in the coastal cities...)

And if you are talking about outsourced products, Chinese are not going to over engineer something, they build to designed spec. They would only do enough QC/QA as needed to meet specified price. If you want something as cheap as possible to satisfy mass American retail market. You want junk, they will give you junk.