CD player NOT made in China under $1,000?

Is there a CD player NOT Made in China, but preferably Made in Quality, under $1,000?
waryn

Showing 2 responses by danlib1

Kira- all American assembly line workers are "uneducated semi-illiterate" individuals? Really?

So should we assume that a Chinese assembly line individual would be better educated?

Of course Chinese manufacturing has it's advantages. If the Chinese guy fails to show for work, the State police go to his hovel and investigate. And the worker has very little access to information that is not filtered by his employer or government, so he can concentrate better on the task at hand.

There is no doubt that the Chinese are building very high quality products these days. But in no way are the two economic systems you contrast remotely alike. I'm not a union man, and I am a free market, free enterprise booster. But that whole communist angle makes the comparison between US and Chinese manufacturing a bit more tricky than it might appear.
Bill; With all due respect, the differences between Japan and China are glaring. Again, I have no doubt about the quality of many Chinese products- it's that damn political system I despise.