CD player finally died. Need rec.

Help!!! My Sonagraphe CD player has finally expired. It gave me over 6 years of great sound, but it has now been silenced. I want to replace it with a DVD/CD player, but, I don't know of any that are Reference quality at a good deal. On the other hand, should I stick with CD only for now??? Please help!!! I want to buy today.
bday0000
If you're just looking for a recommendation rather than a philosophy, I will tell you that I am very happy with my CAL Audio CL-10. I think that the CL-20 plays CDs and DVDs.
You might want to check out the Muse seperates, I have heard that they are awesome and are great on CDs. The Meridian 508.24 is really nice for a CD player also. I think analog sounds better too, but what are you gonna do if you can't get what you want on LP, miss out on some great music so that you can stand firm on analog ground, not me. Good luck, Ryan
I bet your sorry you posted a question on this site by now.You did not mention any of the other componets that make up your system. In my opinion is a balance factor when matching a piece to a system, no matter if its a replacement to an addition. Also what type of music do you listen to most of the time? What type of sonic quailities are you looking for? Find yourself a few good dealers and let your ears decide. Good luck........
Check out CAL LABS CL -20 or the ARCAM 9 or the RESOLUTION AUDIO CD-50,I`am looking to upgrade myself to one of these and a NEW turntable too,don`t know what to get yet as far as turntable, but I`am sure I`ll get plenty of help here from my hard nose LP buds when I ask!!!!!! Greg
Bday, forget the LP.....Right LP equipments are even tougher than taking care of a one year boy. Stcik with CDs. U probably are not do or dier insane audio critic. My suggest is to get a NEW CD player. Amps, Pres or speakers, u can get it used and it is OK..A CD players get it new. Not only is there upgrades in tech but also there are too many parts that can be worn or "go old" in a CD player. If u are an average listener go try Rega, Acram, Cal Labs, adcom, sony etc..Go try DVD player...I bought a cheap Toshiba DVD player and it does not sound that bad at all. It sounds bit bright and the sounds are bit closed in. Well it does not cost 3000.00. U just got to decide how much u are willing put out for a CD player. From previous experience, I would go the Denon, Cal Lab, sony or Adcom around 1000.00