CD no more produced?

Except dictated shops, the CD's are stopped selling on major shopping malls.
Due to unavailability of CD started looking  at streaming, finally selected Tidal, but I am not satisfied, Using Teac DAC, Spec RSA717Ex integrated amp paired with Dali speakers

And also downloaded few albums through paid service for Hiresaudio and  burned to CD, the quality of sound is not comparable with Music company produced CD's.
Have Music company's have stopped producing CD? 

murgeshj

Showing 1 response by astewart8944

FWIW I have found that researching the CD pressing is important (as others on this thread have mentioned) and that discogs makes that relatively easy. Once I buy the preferred CD pressing I then rip it to a server and the physical copy goes in my collection. I did extensive testing to determine whether I could hear a difference between a ripped CD and the same CD via transport. In my system the difference was easily discernible with the server providing the playback I preferred. But, I hold out with a different transport the results might be different. My server costs many multiples of the transport. The both fed the same DAC. I also agree that CDs are a relative bargain, although preferred pressings command a premium in most cases.