cayinA100 T tube amp

i recently purchased this amp and became interested in the fact that there is the ability to add a preamp, bypassing the factory amp......i was pursuaded to buy a solid state preamp with assurances that this combination would significantly inhance the sound.......turns out this was a very bad mistake,and the combination was much worse than just using the cayin alone.....still, the idea of adding perhaps a high end tube preamp still intrigues me and and i wonder if anyone has any sugestions on any products that would "significantly" upgrade the cayin as a stand alone integrated amp......thanks
128x128rrfrerichs1950

Showing 1 response by detredwings

It sounds like you are still getting to know your amp? You may want to give it a little time first and then roll some NOS or new tubes first and see what you think.

Some integrated amps can be enhanced by using a nice preamp. The Jolida's are a good example of that. They are basically an amp with a volume control. I'm not sure if that is how the Cayin is set-up? Anyway even if you add a preamp you will be using most if not all of your tubes anyway in your amp anyway. In my experience tubes will make a big difference.

I truly don't think you should give-up on your amp before seeing what it can do with some nice tubes. If you do add a preamp stay with tubes. Just my two cents
More to discover